Survey form to force respondent's web browser to remember text entry fields data after reloading | XM Community
Question

Survey form to force respondent's web browser to remember text entry fields data after reloading

• 19 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is it possible to make  my survey form to force respondent's web browser to remember/retain text entry fields data after the respondent reloads the form in his/her web browser?
So the respondent will just click on the field and select previously typed name, ID, email, etc.
My qualtrics form is used for students advising (not as survey per say). So in the form, student needs to type in his name, ID, email address, study major, year level, etc, etc,
Sometimes, one and the same student needs to (re)submit the form 2-3 times and each time (s)he has to type in the same data into many form fields, again (i.e. name, ID, email address, study major, year level)

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Updated

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You can use actions to update the directory and add these field to their contact details based on their first response. In subsequent emails you can pipe these details from the directory.
For a toy example, where you are only interested in their major, your flow will be something like this.

1. Create an embedded variable at the start of your survey called major.

2. Don't add anything to its value, you'll see something like "this field will be filled via the url or directory"

3. In the form, where you ask them, set the default value as embedded data major

4. If the respondent had already filled the survey and added a major, it will be filled, else empty.

5. In the actions tab, use a condition to check if the answer to the major question is equal to the embedded data major.

6. If not, use the add to XM directory and either update or add the contact.

Leave a Reply