Several general questions regarding best practices and YOU solved it! | XM Community
Question

Several general questions regarding best practices and YOU solved it!

• 22 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello all
My questions are not necessarily of the technical sort, but more in terms of applying best practices, or at least tested and proven tactics to a VoC/XM program.
If I’ve posted this in the incorrect area, please feel free to either move it or let me know where to move it and I will take care of it.

1. Government Survey Emails
I’ve been told that there are times where a Federal Government in fore example the US, have only limited access to the internet and that they can get emails through. But they are sometimes not able to participate in surveys or give feedback on services.
Have any of you had the same issue and what did you do to counter it? Is there a more basic survey they could be offered? Perhaps through a fax machine or Morse code from an open fire?

2. The Russian market
We’re looking to translate our Relationship Survey into Russian next time around. But as I’ve never dealt with translated Russian copy before I wanted to ask if any of you know of any specific areas I need to know before sending the Russian targets a survey in Russian. Are the scales the same? Are there any particular grammatical things I need to know? Any and all things I need to know and consider before venturing into the Russian market would be appreciated.
(We’ve actually surveyed the Russia before, just not in their own language which is why I’d like to get it right.)

3. Improve delivery rates
I want to ensure I maximize the Survey invite email delivery rates for our Relationship Survey. We’re still getting good response rates, but for the larger customers we’re not getting the volumes I’d expect.
What are you doing to ensure the survey invite email is not getting caught in the spam filters or firewalls?
I have set up a customer FROM address in Qualtrics so the email seems to come from our own domain. But I also found this SMTP Relay setup. Have any of you tried that? If so, did you see an increase in delivery rates after implementation?
The Email
I’m thinking to revisit the entire invitation email to ensure we’re not using any “red listed words” that spam filters or firewalls might pick up on. We’re not using any attachments in the emails, it’s all just a straight forward email HTML email.
Do you know of any particular words/items in the emails that proved to be sensitive but perhaps initially not the red flags you expected?

Thanks in advance and have a fantastic weekend!
-Mattias

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Did I post this in the wrong sub-forum or are there no thoughts on the above? 🤔

Leave a Reply