🤩 Experience Gap Closure | Badge of the Month | February 2021 | XM Community

🤩 Experience Gap Closure | Badge of the Month | February 2021

• 2 February 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic or activity for you to participate in and to help get the conversation going. Depending on the difficulty or complexity of the question / challenge, we will keep it open for 1 week or 2 weeks to ensure you have enough time to participate.
When the new Badge of the Month question / topic / activity is posted, please feel free to leave a comment and invite others in the community to join in the conversation! If you see an opinion you can relate to or would love to hear more about what that person thinks, feel free to engage with each other and ask additional questions. All community members who contribute to the post with a thoughtful comment, and engage with others will receive a badge.

BADGE OF THE MONTH | FEBRUARY 2021

Participate in this month's discussion between February 2 and February 19 to receive this badge worth 10 points. If you miss out on responding to this post, don't worry, we plan to have a new challenge every month so you can pop back in next time for your chance to participate, connect with others, and earn a badge!
Question: What would you do if you were given the opportunity to participate in #XMDay?
Last month, the entire Qualtrics team participated in our very first annual #XMDay. Each employee, across our entire organization, was invited to live and exemplify the principles in our manifesto. As a company, we are now dedicating one day a year, where we take time to design and/or improve great experiences.  We thought about the incremental acts that close the gaps, like shoveling snow for a neighbor, or spending quality time with a loved one. We also thought about the monumental acts that change the world, like volunteering for a charity, or donating money / resources. Is there something you've been wanting to do, but haven't been able to make the time to commit? Volunteer, donate, catch up with loved ones? What would you do with your #XMDay?

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I would like to the time to volunteer at the Alachua County Crisis Center as Crisis Line Counselor. Mental health should be more of a focus, especially now with the pandemic. Personally, I have experienced two deaths by suicide: first my brother and a year later, on my brother's birthday, my mother. This last November, I did a Movember fundraiser where I purposefully walked a mile for men who have died by suicide. We lose an estimated 60 men per hour to suicide. Most of those miles were done in the national parks in Utah. There were 38 men in my social networks that I specifically walked for who died by suicide. I would love to have the time and honestly the mental/emotional capacity to volunteer to help people in their moment of crisis.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Great question! I remember how important it was that my high school education integrated volunteer hours into our curriculum. My first year I got the need hours by volunteering at the Neighborhood Art House. I assisted in the pottery room and with distributing lunches. The following years I volunteered on weekends to work at the summer camp I was on staff at. We ran programming and entertainment for the groups that attended. As an adult I've given blood, volunteered at the front desk of a hospice facility, and coached soccer on a volunteer basis. All of which I've been afraid to do because of COVID. Having a day off would help with giving blood again. The weekend appointments are scare and it takes me awhile to recover after giving blood, I usually don't have the energy to do much aside from eating sugars 😄 Plus if my coworkers had off I could bring a friend with me, its always more fun that way!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

I would like to rededicate time to nurturing and rekindling relationships that have fallen by the wayside during the isolation of the COVID situation, and due to some personal challenges that I experienced in the past. This year, I've been speaking regularly with one of my best friends and opening myself to sharing more. I've also been taking part in more online groups and events to reconnect with people.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

My #XMDay would have to be a day to work a fundraiser event. I am fortunate to be part of a foundation that is supporting a family that is fighting cancer. This family deserves a victory and every event we hold helps to financially support their needs and endeavors. I am always amazed at the generosity of the community and the love and care that is expressed for this situation. I wish we could hold more events to support more people in the future.

Userlevel 6
Badge +45

If I were focusing on incremental acts, my #XMDay would be a visit with my 96 year old grandmother. I'd want to spend time with her, asking her questions, hearing her stories, and recording them or writing them down for future generations to appreciate. I hope to have the opportunity to do this post-covid.
If I were focusing on monumental acts, my #XMDay would be volunteering at the local humane society. This was also a plan before covid that had to be postponed. We've adopted 2 dogs since we moved here a little over a year ago, and are so impressed by the wonderful organization that is our local humane society. We don't have room for any more dogs at our house, but to go in and help care for the animals until they can be placed in a home would be very exciting and fulfilling!

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Wow, there are so many things I would want to do but if I had to choose just one #XMDay it would be to hang out with my entire family face to face. It has been way too long since we were all able to gather together to talk, play games, and enjoy a meal in the same place.

Badge

I would like to use my #XMDay to promote the importance of Patient experience since it is one of the most neglected sectors of experience management, there are many reasons for this negligence. primarily they are the most vulnerable populations compared to other consumers, they have less support and less empowered to demand their required high-quality products( treatment).

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Learn Mandarin.
Not done in a day perhaps but it only takes one day to start :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

It would depend when this XMDay takes place.
As many commented before, I would also love to spend the day with friends and family, whom I had to miss so much the past year. But today, that's still not allowed where I live.
So if it were today, it would probably be a self-experience, something that I enjoy, but don't find the time for. In introductions, people always ask "what are your hobbies". I always include "reading", but it has honestly been quite long since I read anything other than Qualtrics/SAP documentation 😃 So I'd pick up a good book on my #XMDay.

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

I think I would be involved in my children school...

Maybe giving time helping in the library or charity fundation, or presenting my carreer in class for the older one.
What I'd like is to share my knowledge or my experience for the benefits of new generation. Nevermind witch form it could be.

Userlevel 6
Badge +51

I think I would need more than one XMday per year !!
In my country, Colombia, there are many people I would like to help.
When I was at school, they took us to share with children of limited resources and in vulnerable situations, it was very pleasant and left many lessons learned. Sharing an afternoon of activities or bringing them a small present means a lot to them, I still do it and I enjoy it a lot. I try to collect clothes in good condition that my family or friends do not use, also toys and anything that can be used and someone can enjoy it. And if you don't have time to donate your things, you can contact one of the many foundations out there to help.
There are also community kitchens in which you can help, usually they serve children who cannot provide a good diet at home. These canteens need volunteers to cook, wash, organize, and more.
I believe the above are simple ways to help and enhance an experience in someone's life.
Something I would like to do is help young unemployed people organize their CVs, make suggestions on how to show their strengths and why not? Help those who want to learn English and do not have the resources to access a quality course.
I think that it is not about doing things from another world to help, it is collaborating from empathy and believing that something can be done to close that gap.

Userlevel 4
Badge +21

My #XMDay would be going back to the elementary school that I attended and participating in their annual Career Day event. Because of the CORONA VIRUS, the school has cancelled this event for both 2020 and 2021. The last 5 years, I have visited the school I attended and the same school my children attend now on Career Day. During this presentation, I always started the presentation with a Safety Message about Hand Washing. It makes me wonder how many of the children might have recalled my advice when we all started to learn about the virus. I really miss being part of this event and hope to return to giving my presentation on Career Day.

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Registering and receiving COVID-19 vaccines!
Having those that are capable assist those who either don't have access to technology or are not as comfortable with registering to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. As we have different rules, procedures, and experiences for each State and something within each State closing this gap would be fantastic.

Leave a Reply