How to setup Everyday Discrimination Scale | XM Community
Question

How to setup Everyday Discrimination Scale

• 7 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello
I am trying to program the Everyday Discrimination in Qualtrics and I am having issues. I tried "add display logic" in combination with "add skip logic" to no avail. 
It is 6 items and depending on how they respond to the first five determines if they see Q6. For example, if they respond Less than once a year or never to all 5 items they should not see Q6 which asks what they feel the discrimination is based on (age, race, etc.). I tried to create an "add display logic" with the first 4 items if the answer Less than once a year and for Q5 if they answer Less than once a year to skip to end of block. But when I test it, it is skipping over Q5 and it should not. I saw a response you gave someone else about using add display logic and using a certain level value in order to proceed to the next question but I do not know how to do this. 
1. You are treated with less courtesy or respect than other people since the pandemic began.

• Almost every day

• At least once a week

• A few times a month

• A few times a year

• Less than once a year

• Never

I thank you in advance for any help you can provide. 
Frances

2 replies

Can you post a screenshot of your logic?
If this were my survey, I would use either skip or display logic. For Q6 I would set the skip logic with 5 logic sets. Logic set 1 If Q1 less than once a year is selected OR if q1 never is selected. AND logic set 2 if Q2 less than once a year is selected OR if q2 never is selected. AND logic set 3 (same for each of the 5 questions). You may need q6 to be on its own page.

Thank you, Ifer0105. I continued to try different things and ended up doing exactly what you suggested by first changing the format to a matrix so I could use value count to drive the conditions. I set up logic skips for each response option to skip to Q6 or to next block. I believe this worked. Thank you again for responding.

Leave a Reply