Developmental research online during covid-19 | XM Community
Solved

Developmental research online during covid-19

• 8 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to recruit parents and their children/adolescents via Qualtrics Panel?

Obviously, during the pandemic recruitment of samples under 18 years old has been really challenging (e.g., with school closures/overburdened schools). If I wanted to conduct an online study, could I filter out participants that have children within a certain age range (e.g. through screening or other methods in Qualtrics Panel) and then invite participants that have children to complete our study online (with parental consent and children completing the survey)?

If it is not possible to recruit parents and children in Qualtrics, does anyone know of other Platforms or methods for recruiting parent and child participants for online research?

Thank you in advance! :)

icon

Best answer by pogi 9 February 2021, 11:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

You can use branching and use contact list triggers to develop your studies with respondents matching your inclusion criteria.
Branch Logic (qualtrics.com)
Contact List Triggers (qualtrics.com)

Thank you so much. That is really useful for designing the study, but do you know about recruitment options within Qualtrics Panel? Can participants under the age of 18 years old take part in studies, recruited through Qualtrics Panel, with parental consent?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I haven’t seen anything to say no. It should be a simple api call to unsubscribe the minors or parents with minors from the distribution list that don’t meet inclusion or do not give consent. Check this topic out: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/382/creating-parents-list-for-parental-consent

Leave a Reply