Solved

Scoring with non-integers and score percentage

• 15 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
  • Level 1 ●
  • 20 replies

Hello there!
I'd like distribute the scoring points among the answer options of a single question such that the maximum possible score for that question adds up to 10. This means that, e.g., if I have 4 correct answer options, each of these options needs to get a score of 2.5.
However, when I enter 2.5 in the scoring field, Qualtrics rounds this off to 2. I had assumed this was just a representation thing and only found out later that the scores are not as high as I want them to be.
In addition, I then want to calculate the score of all the questions as a percentage: If I have N questions with 10 points maximum each, the overall percentage score would be S = (score)/(N*10), which I calculated in an embedded data field. Because Qualtrics rounds off the scores to integers, it now becomes impossible to reach 100% total score.
My questions therefore:

• Is there a way to circumvent the rounding in scoring, i.e., a way to use non-integers for scoring?

• Is there a better way to represent overall scores as a percentage with respect to the maximum possible score?

Thanks for your replies!

icon

Best answer by rondev 16 February 2021, 09:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Qualtrics does allows the score in decimal points.

Badge +3

rondev Thanks, you're right, it was a stupid confusion with decimal point vs decimal comma.
Can you maybe also help with the second part of my question, the percentage score?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/34575#Comment_34575Percentage:
(score / (N*10) ) * 100

Badge +3

Thanks again, that's what I'm currently doing as an embedded data field. However, I was wondering if there is a more Qualtrics-like way such that it is, e.g., not necessary to manually update N if the number of questions changes.
I guess it does not exist but maybe it could make a nice new feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/34578#Comment_34578Agreed, but we do not have such feature, so we manually need to put N

Leave a Reply