Automatic distribution of different questionnaires at different time points for participants | XM Community
Question

Automatic distribution of different questionnaires at different time points for participants

• 23 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Good day everyone,
I have a question regarding the distribution of an online diary study we are conducting.
The study consists of a pre-test (day 0), a diary (days 1-13) and a separate diary for the last day (day 14). These are separate Qualtrics surveys, which we would like to distribute via e-mail every morning around 5 am, so that participants can fill them out once they are awake.
The whole data collection process is planned to be two months long. As participants will sign up at any given time within these two months, my question is whether it is possible to distribute these surveys automatically for 14 days as soon as a person signed up or if there are any other solutions that sending all the mails manually?
This would imply that a person signs up and receives the pre-test on day 0, then receives the diary for 13 days and a different diary for the last day on day 14. Is it possible to program this, so that Qualtrics sends these e-mails automatically as soon as a participant has signed up at any given time, or do these e-mails have to be sent manually?
Thank you very much for your help and have a great day,
Lisa

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Lisa,
I'm not sure I know how to automate this completely, but what you could do is set up a Contact List Trigger so that when a person signs up, they are added to a Contact List. You may need to set up a reminder for yourself to send out the emails from that list.
You should be able to create the automatic links by using Actions and possibly even sending out the surveys. (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/setting-up-actions/)
If the participant will be logging back into the same Diary survey each day and completing a new Block for each day (I'm assuming each day is a new block?), you'll want to set up your survey in such a way that the previous blocks don't display so the chances are reduced they overwrite their previous entries.
Once the Diary is complete, you can set up an Action to have the next survey emailed to them in the time frame you want them to receive it.
Hope this helps. I tried to test it out a bit, but my Actions tab isn't popping up on my surveys for some reason this morning.
thx
Michelle

Dear Michelle,
thank you for the answer.
We are looking into this at the moment it might makes thinks a little easier.
However, we are also still trying to find other solutions.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.
Lisa

Leave a Reply