How can I add a questionnaire after each block of my experiment? | XM Community
Question

How can I add a questionnaire after each block of my experiment?

• 26 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,
I have 4 blocks in my experiment with 480 trials will be presented randomly. The trials have a timing element (where each trial will be shown for 2 sec or 1sec). So, I cannot use Question randomizer, which is why I am using survey flow for randomizing.
But there is also a Questionnaire that I want to present after every 120 trials (after every block). How do I add this to the survey flow?
Thanks
Sagarika

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

What I'm getting from your question is this. You've got 4 blocks (A,B,C,D) each with 120 trials. You want to randomize them and ask a question after each block. If this is the case, then you could use groups .
Make 4 groups (A+Question for A, B+Questions for B etc.) now place these groups in the randomizer.

Hello Ahmed,
Thank you for answering my question! I think I didn't explain it right.
You're correct I have 4 blocks (A,B,C,D) each with 120 trials. I want to present each group randomly as in each participant should see a group from Block A then Block C then Block D and Block B randomly. There is also another element, participants will need to remember and recall a list of words after every 12 trials. So, I have created a group as seen below. In each group there are 12 trials that will be presented randomly with list of words that needs to be remembered and recalled.
Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 1.00.23 PM.pngI have 10 of these groups in each Block = 40 total groups with 480 trials.
After each block/120 trials they need to see the questionnaire. How do I add the questionnaire after each block while keeping the randomization intact?

Leave a Reply