Specific Date Email Trigger for Survey | XM Community

Specific Date Email Trigger for Survey

• 28 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi.
Users select a date to attend an event using a survey question - so we know the dates on offer.
How do I send reminders about the upcoming events, based on date selections? (ie. send a reminder on the 2nd, if the user selected the 3rd).
I know how to do email EVENT triggers, but these are dependent on when the survey was completed, not on a date selected in a question. SCHEDULING an email is also not fit-for-purpose as I only want to send a one-off reminder, not daily or weekly, etc. and it doesn't allow conditions (eg. only schedule this email for the 2nd if the user selected the 3rd).
Thanks,
Linda

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I don't think this is a current feature that I'm aware of at least for my academic version. You can send a confirmation: Appointment / Event Registration Surveys (qualtrics.com) but that isn't necessarily the reminder you are wanting.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Building on this idea, it would be very helpful to have the ability for an email task to send on a specific date based on information populated in the survey. Currently the only options appear to be that an email be sent "immediately" or "X days from now", and we would like to instead have this follow from a specific date.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Similarly, it would be very useful if the workflow email task could use email addresses from the related survey (piped in) for a specific date. For example, this would automate reminder emails to individuals who register for an event. You can kind of get the specific date by saying monthly, picking the desired date and then setting the start and end dates to only include the specific date you want. But that option does not seem to be able to make use of the data in the corresponding survey. Piped email addresses seem to be only available when the workflow is survey response triggered, not when it is scheduled. But, as stated above, the emails under a workflow that is survey response triggered are limited to send immediately or send a set number days after registration. That is great for the thank you email that confirms registration, but not so much for a reminder email the day before or the morning of an event. It would be great to be able to use the piped text option in a scheduled workflow (it's already associated with a specific survey) and use the email addresses already input when signing up for the event.

Badge

It would be very helpful to be able to customize the dates and send one-off reminder emails to respondents who signed-up for an event.

Leave a Reply