Help with exporting embedded JavaScript data | XM Community
Question

Help with exporting embedded JavaScript data

• 5 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,
I built a survey a few months back and ran it for some time until a month ago (January 2021). I understand there had been a legacy exporter update and that's probably the reason I cannot export this data properly. Does anyone have an idea how I can export my JavaScript embedded data properly in any other way? It is very important :)

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Create an embedded data variable in the survey flow.
Now download your data again. It should be visible.
Note that even though the Qualtrics support pages say the embedded data variables are not case sensitive, I've found them most of the times they are.

Userlevel 2

ahmedA I may not have explained myself properly. I inserted embedded data elements into the survey flow when I initially built my survey. The embedded questions are a continuous scale which a participant is instructed to move, eliciting numbers from 1-100 according to a certain time interval sampling. While the exported data should look like this: 50,50,46,42,40,74 (and so forth...), it only shows the first number, and looks like this: 50.
Is there a way to export my data in this way, after the legacy exporter update?
Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If you were using an array, then only the first member will be stored. To capture all of them, convert it into a string before storing.
If you were using were using a string that contains line breaks, only the first line will be stored.
I am not sure if there is a data storage difference between the legacy exporter and the new one, but this is what I've understood about the sytem after failing multiple times.

Userlevel 2

ahmedA I understand that converting into a string is the method that would have worked for me if I were to run my experiment now. I did not do that and all my data has been collected over a month ago. Do you have any further ideas?
Thank you again for your assistance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Nitai1 I'm afraid your situation look a little difficult. See the pdf files of the responses, if they show your responses, you may be able to salvage them. If not, you'll have to get in touch with the support team to see what's possible.

Userlevel 2

Unfortunately I had no luck with the pdf files... Anyway, thanks so much!

Leave a Reply