How to check for a unique response using email field | XM Community
Question

How to check for a unique response using email field

• 5 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone - I apologize if this seems basic. I have a survey asking first, last and email on the first page, then going to questions. I want to be sure people don't use the same email address to complete multiple forms. I prefer not to use the Prevent Ballot Box Stuffing since some users may be using shared devices. I really don't want to use the Authenticator in flow since that asks for log in. I'm using anonymous link as the survey is open, and we don't know the responders, but I did set up a trigger to populate the contact list, so I can use that -- just not sure how to compare what they entered to the email in the contact list. Authenticator seems to force a 'log in' which I prefer not to use.
Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/data/filtering-responses/

Userlevel 1

Thanks, but I'm actually looking to catch in-survey as opposed to after they've submitted the survey - this looks like it's manipulated data after it's been submitted.
What I'd like to do is place a condition after page one of the survey where I compare the email they submitted on page one to an existing email in the contact list. If that email already exists in the contact list, then exit the survey. If not, continue with the survey. I've tried Authenticator in Survey Flow, but it prompts for a 'login' and I want to avoid that -- I just want people to enter first, last and email on the first page with no login.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This is not possible via the default funcationality in Qualtrics. The best you can do is update a directory, however, that's also not entirely reliable. I've developed a custom solution for this. Please see this demo.

Leave a Reply