Mobile compatible embedded videos | XM Community
Question

Mobile compatible embedded videos

• 6 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi
Would really appreciate any help with this. I am designing an experiment and participants needs to watch a video (either a happy one or sad one). I have both the youtube links to the videos, and the videos as MP4 files which I can embed. I have tried both in a prototype, the youtube links work perfectly on all devices but the embedded video when used on a mobile device does not show the first frame of the clip. Instead you see a white screen which if you do scroll across you see a grey play button which does work .
Qualtrics have advised that to improve the embedded video on devices some code may help but they cannot advise. Can anyone help please?
The reason I am pursuing this vs. the youtube link is that the majority of participants are NHS staff and in many organisations youtube access is blocked! Watching the video is key so want to make it as easy as possible to do.
Any advice on code or alternative options would be hugely appreciated,
Many thanks
Phil

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This issue could be caused by the mobile phone taking more time to load the appropriate video codecs. Have you tried other formats such as webm.
If the problem still persisits. Perhaps you could add some padding at the start of the video, like a countdown.

Leave a Reply