How can I debug Passing Information via Query Strings? | XM Community
Solved

How can I debug Passing Information via Query Strings?

• 8 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a few fields I've captured from a JSON event trigger. These fields populate an e-mail, in addition to being passed to the survey using the Query String structure. One value isn't showing up, and there's nothing unique about it. It's just another string. It's defined as Embedded data in the survey flow, and I can confirm the value is captured and is correct in the JSON data. I can also see that the survey link contains the key/value in the URL, so it would be available to use within the survey.
I've tried adding the ?format=urlencode and setting the embedded data type explicitly to 'text' and even 'text set', but nothing changed. The only debug information I have is that the when using the ?format=urlencode, the text shows up as "null'.
Is there a limit to the number of embedded elements you can pass or access?

icon

Best answer by asatar 8 March 2021, 21:53

View original

1 reply

Edit: I appended the same key/value Query String to the end of the survey url, and it was piped in correctly.
After trial and error, I've found using a '&' for the first key/value following the '?' does the trick.
This does not work:
${l://SurveyURL}?data_a=~{aed://data_a}&data_b=~{aed://data_b}&data_c=~{aed://data_c}

This does work for data_a:
${l://SurveyURL}?&data_a=~{aed://data_a}&data_b=~{aed://data_b}&data_c=~{aed://data_c}

Leave a Reply