Trying to edit a list of drop down values - "Edit Multiple Selections" has disappeared... | XM Community
Solved

Trying to edit a list of drop down values - "Edit Multiple Selections" has disappeared...

I am Trying to edit a list of drop down values - "Edit Multiple Selections" has disappeared... How do I restore it? I used it to populate a survey. I have now copied that survey and need to make edits to the list of values. It is 120 values long. I want to replace _enmasse_. Any Ideas?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 August 2018, 17:07

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
try refreshing browser, or come out of survey and than again enter to edit. it happen sometime with dropdown.
thanks for your answer but unfortunately that did not help.
Hello @jdmunter ,

Export the survey from tools option and then import it again. The edit multiple option will appear.

OR find the solution in this thread
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @jdmunter ,
You could try making a copy of that question and then check if you get the option of editing multiple. Not sure that this will 100% be the solution. You could just give it a try if refreshing and Re-logging in doesn't work. 🙂
_Again if you have started data collection for your survey you wont be able to see the edit multiple option._
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
hello @jdmunter ,

can you try creating a dummy survey add same question there and check if the option appears there?
thanks, I tried that option also and it did not resolve the issue. the edit multiple selections option is still not available.
@Shashi , thanks, while it is awkward editing QSF files directly, those steps did work. do you know why the option disappears.
> @jdmunter said:
> @Shashi , thanks, while it is awkward editing QSF files directly, those steps did work. do you know why the option disappears.

!

See Here
> @Shashi said:
> > @jdmunter said:
> > @Shashi , thanks, while it is awkward editing QSF files directly, those steps did work. do you know why the option disappears.
>
> !
>
> See Here
>

I've encountered this many times where I published my survey and after collecting the results i want to re-use that survey but the edit multiple disappears even after you copy it to a new one. The way you fix this is to create a new survey and import your old survey into it:

1) Create a new project

2) At the bottom of the default block click on "Import Questions From..."

3) Select your old survey and click "Import Entire Survey"

Now you should have a new survey with the old survey questions and settings the same but now the "Edit Multiple" feature is enabled.

I don't know why they don't just let the edit multiple be enabled after you copy to new, and make you have to go use this work around.

Trying to edit a list of drop down values - "Edit Multiple Selections" has disappeared...Thank you, this solved it.

Leave a Reply