Is there anyway to use the crosstab analysis function with variables that are created by "bucket"? | XM Community
Solved

Is there anyway to use the crosstab analysis function with variables that are created by "bucket"?

• 7 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I am still trying to design an assignment for students who will get their first exposure to survey analysis using the Qualtrics analysis interface. I can create new variables that "regroup" or "bucket" the data. I see that the docs say "This field is like embedded data and can be modified in this tool and accessed in other Qualtrics tools, such as Results Reports or data exports." So I assume this means that these new categorical variables are not accessible to the little chi-square interface under "crosstabs". Is there anyway to get a crosstab and/or chi-square for these variables in the Qualtrics analysis interface? Thank you!!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 August 2018, 23:01

View original

2 replies

Hello @csmit141 ,

Only embedded data of the survey are allowed in cross tab.
Please view this page

see the image below if you want to apply any formula in the cross tab(image of support page)
!
Thank you Sashi! That won't work for what I want, but I appreciate finding the merge and use equation functions!

Leave a Reply