prefilled answers | XM Community
Solved

prefilled answers

I have got 4 questions in my survey which repeat itself 4 times in between ads (different places in the survey). Answers are staying the same after filling in for the first time. I don't want participants to be prone by their previous responses. When the next set of questions arrive i would like answer box to be empty. Or is it only in preview mode?

How to avoid this to happen?
icon

Best answer by Kate 10 August 2018, 14:42

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you are showing the same question which you answered before then it will show up with the prefilled answer.

To cater to this case, you will have to create 4 different questions and each will be in its own block.
Then in survey flow, you will have to arrange the block so that the question will appear after or between ads.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam is correct. To save yourself some time, try using the "Copy" function to copy and paste the same questions.

!

In order to place them in the correct line up in your survey flow, I also find it helpful to label the Boxes:

!

This helps you easily see order in your survey flow:

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
There is also an option to copy your block. So you could get Block 1: Ad A set up the way you like it. Then just copy the entire block, rename it, and replace the ad in the question that shows the ad to your respondents. A little quicker than copying all the questions and moving them between blocks.

!
thank you all for your help. Appreciate a lot.
@Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam @bstrahin @Kate
Guys,

I just created 4 questions and they are on their own in 4 separate blocks. I made sure that they are placed in the right order (in between the ads etc) using 'survey flow'. I have just checked if it is working (no prefilled answers) and no, it's not working. It gives me prefilled answers again.
Any idea what that could be? Does it make a difference that I'm in the preview mode or something?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@Iwona Maybe give us a screenshot? Or send a preview link? I think we could help better if we could see what is going on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Iwona check that you somehow didn't set up default answers. This article will show you where to look: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/question-options/add-default-choices/
> @bstrahin said:
> @Iwona check that you somehow didn't set up default answers. This article will show you where to look: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/question-options/add-default-choices/

I checked that and my questions don't have set up answers.
> @Kate said:
> @Iwona Maybe give us a screenshot? Or send a preview link? I think we could help better if we could see what is going on.

This is preview link.
once you see 4 ads in a row... then those 4 questions will come up.... and then after another 4 ads same questions will follow and they will be prefilled answers coming up
https://aruspsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_ezguyouPXybWmqN?Q_SurveyVersionID=current&Q_CHL=preview
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks @Iwona. You have placed the same Block in the Survey flow multiple times. You need to create a _new_ block, even though it contains the same questions.

You can copy your blocks or questions utilizing the methods myself or @bstrahin had outlined above.

If you still require assistance, I would recommend you call Qualtrics support. They will be able to create what you need with you.
@Kate @bstrahin Thank you for your help. Is all working fine now 🙂

Leave a Reply