Will contact list triggers work if the method of survey distribution is generated personal links? | XM Community
Question

Will contact list triggers work if the method of survey distribution is generated personal links?

• 6 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I've got a survey that needs to be distributed via personal links but it seems my contact list triggers aren't functioning with this method. Is there anything I can do to get triggers to work with personal links?
TIA!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi CX_Research ,
If I understand correctly, your respondents taking survey links generated by the Personal Links tool, and when they submit, you're using the Contact List Triggers tool to adding them to an email list?
While I've never tried this combination of features myself, I'm not sure why it couldn't be done. Maybe there's a problem with the email list, or the text being piped from the survey questions to the contact fields. Can you share a screen shot of the contact list triggers you've set up (like the one below)?
image.png

Badge

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for your reply. The triggers worked (and their respective contact lists that were generated in my Contacts page appropriately updated) when I tested the survey via email distribution. Then I had to change the distribution to personal links and test runs are no longer updating the contact lists in my contacts page. So I wonder if it is something about this distribution type that disengages contact list triggers, or if there is an adjustment I need to make to the triggers so that they are active when the survey is administered via personal links.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I wonder if you would have different results using Actions with an XM Directory task instead? If that doesn't work, I would reach out to Qualtrics support for an explanation.
image.png

Badge

I've wondered that myself, and would definitely test it out if I had XM Directory. Thanks again for your input - I'll reach out to Qualtrics.

Leave a Reply