Pop-Up window in survey - trouble with code | XM Community
Solved

Pop-Up window in survey - trouble with code

• 8 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hallo to you all! I hope everyone is doing ok during these complicated times. I am writing to this community for the first time. I have followed few of the conversation about how to develop a pop-up window in a survey and I am very grateful for those of you who were able to share their codes, which I was able to copy to work on my survey. However, I am experiencing an issue. I have 2 questions each with multiple items and for each of these items I would like to have a pop-up window showing the associated definition. While the code works for the first questions it does not seem to work for the second questions. Below I posted my code and if anyone would be able to help I would really appreciate it.
This is my code:
User: I hope it is clear what I did. I basically repeated the code for both questions. Is this correct?
Thank you for any help you may be able to provide!
Ale

icon

Best answer by AleQ 10 April 2021, 20:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What is the reason to set a pop-up with a definition rather than a tooltip for example? Are there any benefits?
I am asking, because we use tooltips and didn't even think about pop-ups.

Thank you for your question! The truth is that we were trying to do something like the tooltips and could not find the way to do it, and instead found the code to create the pop-up buttons and we went in that direction. In reality for what we need, the tooltips would be a better solution.
If anyone is able to share the code for the tooltips that could work to solve also my problem this would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance! Ciao, Ale

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

AleQ you can see the Tippy.js library. It makes it really easy to create a tooltip.

ahmedA Thank you for the tip. I will look into it to see if I can solve the issue I have experienced. I assume that they work with Qualtrics, however, I wonder if I should add them to the Java Script, to the header, or to the specific item? Sorry for the multiple questions. Much appreciated it.

Thank you so much for all your help! I was able to solve my issue using some code I found online at this link: https://osvaldas.info/elegant-css-and-jquery-tooltip-responsive-mobile-friendly
It works great on webpage as well as mobile devises (i have Tried it on iPad, Surface, and iPhone)

Leave a Reply