Showing text based on drill down answer | XM Community
Question

Showing text based on drill down answer

• 9 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi!
I have a database with average descriptive statistics for university degrees per Univeristy. This is a csv where the first column is the University name, the second is the degree name, and the third and fourth column are men's average salary and women's average salary.
I want the persons to select a university, then a degree, and in the next page show them the average salary for men and women.
I'd basically tried with drill down (uploading the csv), but then they have to select the option in the third and fourth column. I would like to show them in text (in the next page), based on the selection of the first and second column.
I read that select2 could be useful, but I don't have much experience with javascript, so any other way would be helpful or maybe a guide to set it using select2.
Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You won't need Select2 for this.
Use a drill down question to select the first two options. Then add a loop and merge block, using loop off a question and selected choices for choice 2.
Then add the relevant values corresponding to the selections in the L&M settings and display the fields in the question.
Since they're making only one choice, it will only be displayed once.
Attached QSF for reference.
DD_LM.qsf

Leave a Reply