Loop and Merge | XM Community
Question

Loop and Merge

• 12 April 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a little introduction statement at the beginning of my loop and merge block. I want it to only show the first loop and not the second loop. I can't figure out which display logic I need to use to only get it to show the first loop. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi there,
To do this, you can go into "Display Logic" for the question you only want to show on the first round. In the Display Logic menu, select "Loop & Merge" from the first drop down, then select "1: ..." then is "Current Loop".

Here's an example from a loop & merge I have (your 1: won't have "the ${e://Field/Delay..." after it though):
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 5.36.09 PM.png

Thank you! This is what my screen looks like when I use display logic. I want the intro statement to show the first time no matter what the respondent answers. Should I just add this same display logic with all the answer choices?
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.59.31 AM.png

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Could you show me a screenshot of your intro statement and the first question that you have in your loop & merge? That'll help me get a better picture of what's going on!

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 6.14.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-18 at 6.14.34 PM.pngYes, the first screenshot is of my question that is loop and merge and the second screenshot is the intro statement that I only want to show the first loop.

Leave a Reply