Show a student their score compared to others' scores | XM Community
Question

Show a student their score compared to others' scores

• 12 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,
I am trying to find a way to show students (while they are doing the survey) their score in relation to other students (anonymised).
After each question (or after a question block) I would like to show whether the particular student has done better or worse than 50% of the other students on this question.
Is there any way I could do that? I know piped text allows me to show the student's individual score, but I need it to be relative.
Thank you so much!
Best

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This is not possible via the inbuilt functionality. You'll need to store the results of all the students at some other place and then retrieve them, most probably using a webservice or JS.
Search the forum for uploading to results to Google Drive, you can use that to accomplish this task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Hi, magdalenaiwanowa -- this may be a different approach than what you are thinking, but you could create a summary report with mean scores, percentiles, and other anonymized data that would put each respondent's scores in context without compromising privacy. You could provide a link in your thank you message to a resource that would be a "thank you" for participating in the survey.

Leave a Reply