Setting up personalised links when distributing to different organisations | XM Community
Question

Setting up personalised links when distributing to different organisations

• 14 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,
I would like to ask for some suggestions as I am planning to distribute my survey into 5 different organisations. Each organisation have their own sets of participants. I was hoping to generate and set up an anonymous link for each of the 5 different organisation and hopefully I can be able to identify which responses came from which organisation source.
Any suggestions on how to do approach this?
Grateful for your help and thank you for taking the time,
Alfred

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

I would use embedded data for this. It has worked well for me in the past. Here is a good support article about embedded data. This section in particular deals with how to set values from the survey URL.
Basically, in your Survey Flow, create an embedded data field by clicking "Add a New Element Here" and then selecting "Embedded Data." You can put it at the top of your Survey Flow, and call it something like "Org". When creating your embedded data, be sure to go into "Options" to specify the type - in your case, "Text Set" might work well. There's no need to set a value for the embedded data now; the value will be set in the survey distribution link(s).
image.pngWhen you go to distribute your survey, choose the option to get a single, reusable link. You'll need to take whatever link Qualtrics gives you, and edit it to make 5 different links for each of your organizations. To the very end of each link, you'll add on some text like:

?Org=FirstOrg
where "Org" is the name of the embedded data field you created in your Survey Flow, and "FirstOrg" is the name of the organization that is sending the link (whatever you want it to be called). If you have a LOT of organizations that you need to create links for, then you could put a list of the organization names in Excel and create a formula to fill in the embedded data field for each one.
The support articles I linked to earlier have more details on how to do this. But let us know if you have any issues getting this to work!

Leave a Reply