CodeTask adjust Ticket updatedAt time to reflect Daylight Saving Time | XM Community
Question

CodeTask adjust Ticket updatedAt time to reflect Daylight Saving Time

• 14 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,
I've been playing around with the code task in an action as I'd like to format the ticket metadata Field/updatedAt date and time to a more friendly time and provide this in an email.
For example: ${tck://Field/updatedAt} will return 2021-04-01T09:07:02.362Z
Using the below code I can get half way there. I need to sort out the date so that it's a British format and also the time so that it takes into account the daylight saving time. When you take a look at the time in the follow-up screen in Qualtrics you can see that it's an hour out.
function codeTask() {

var d = new Date('${tck://Field/updatedAt}');
    var n = d.toLocaleDateString() + ' ' + d.toLocaleTimeString();

return {
result : n
}
}
Using the above example, this returns '2021-4-01 09:07:02'.
These are my settings in my account:
image.pngHow in code do I offset the time by the appropriate daylight saving time and how do I tell JavaScript I wish to see the British Date format?
Hope you can help
Thanks
Rod Pestell

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

HI All, just wondering if anyone can advise please on this?

Thanks

Rod Pestell

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,
I came across some code here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34819299/calculating-bst-time-from-date-object which I'm wondering might actually resolve my issue. My plan would be to implement this as a code task so I'm limited to some extent as I think i wouldn't be able to reference an external library like moment.js.

Would welcome your thoughts.

Thanks

Rod Pestell

Leave a Reply