Is it possible yet to import embedded data to an existing survey after the survey has closed? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible yet to import embedded data to an existing survey after the survey has closed?

• 14 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

My survey has closed. I have persona segmentation data on some of my respondents (an existing embedded data field pulled over from XM directory), but not all of them in my survey. I have an embedded data field called "Segmentation" and on the 190 responses that I did NOT previously have their segmentation label, I now have it. Does Qualtrics allow me to import this data and populate the field yet by email or Response ID? I am guessing not but wanted to check.
Option 2: I have XM Directly and could upload the new segment data field over there, but historically this could not be pulled in posthumously once a survey is closed. Correct?
Option 3: I go into edit mode in Data & Analysis and manually enter 190 segment updates. Not ideal and kind of a time suck. I suppose I could have had 15 done by the time it took me to type this up 🙂
Ideas anyone?

icon

Best answer by InessaG 14 April 2021, 22:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I posted a similar question regarding your option 1 previously: Embedded data field updates — Qualtrics Community; and not surprisingly, the answer is no.
The option given to me by Qualtrics was to create a copy of the survey, and import historical data + new updated embedded data fields into the new survey. Definitely not doable in my situation since this will be an ongoing survey as part of the VOC program, where I need to periodically add/update certain attributes.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Dang. I was afraid of that answer. I guess it will be manual copying and pasting. Where are those interns when you need them?! (haha)

Leave a Reply