Data issue - retrieve old data? | XM Community
Question

Data issue - retrieve old data?

• 15 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi everyone - hopefully someone has run into this before.
We had a version published of a survey (rating question). The variable label was set to Q2. That version was published and it collected data. In the export, the variable was exporting as Q2_1.
Months later someone changed the question type to a descriptive variable, Qualtrics saved the change as a draft (it was never published), and the user changed the question back to its original form as a rating question. The proper edits were made and the survey was published, data collection resumed.
What we're noticing now is that Q2_1 no longer exists in the exported dataset but a new variable Q2_3 exists. We no longer have access to the original Q2_1 data.
Does anyone know how to get Q2_1 back? We would like Q2_3 to go back to Q2_1 and restore all of the previous data and also keep the new data that's been collected.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Have you reached out to support? I think you're out of luck accessing this info via the tools you have available. But in certain specific circumstances I have contacted support who was able to retrieve historical data like this for me.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I have not yet. That's definitely the next step. Wasn't sure if there was something hiding that we missed so I figured I'd check out what others have dealt with first! :)

Leave a Reply