Can I do something with my survey to reduce participants receiving Internal System Errors? | XM Community

Can I do something with my survey to reduce participants receiving Internal System Errors?

• 16 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I get contacted about 10 times a month by people who get the Qualtrics Internal System Error when trying to perform some of our surveys. 100% of the time the fix is having the person clear their browser history data.
I guess what I am wondering is if there is anything I could do on my end to make this happen less often or maybe even an explanation to help me understand what specifically causes this issue relative to browser data? Also, does device type matter relative specifically to this issue?

2 replies

Badge +48

Hi Martin_O - one thing I know that may help limit the errors is to reduce the amount of custom code that may be added to your survey! We've also recommended in the past to add some troubleshooting steps to any email invites, so users can reference that guide before reaching out to you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Thanks AmaraW . I do have a fair amount of customizations so this is useful to know.

Leave a Reply