'Generate test responses' doesn't show up on my survey? | XM Community
Solved

'Generate test responses' doesn't show up on my survey?

Userlevel 1

Hi all- New user, converting surveys from another platform. We are on the EX side of the house, so the initial survey type was 'Engagement'. All our surveys are set up as anonymous, so I'm not using the participants or messages tabs.
I've read several pages on generating fake data (such as: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/generating-test-responses/ This sounds like a time-saver so I can start setting up reporting.
Unfortunately, that option to generate test responses doesn't show up in my tools menu (or settings). I tried with the survey active and inactive.
Any suggestions on what else might impact the ability to generate test data?
Thank you!

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 6 May 2021, 23:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Do you have a trial or free account? That might be a feature that's not available to that type of account.
If your account is part of an organization, check with the brand admin; they may need to enable the feature for you.

Userlevel 1

Update:
I still can't generate fake data for the engagement survey.

This is a corporate account. I am able to generate test data in a newly created fake survey, based on the generic survey template - so I think I have permissions.
Is it possible that engagement surveys are designed in a way that doesn't allow it to populate fake data, or that the link to create fake data on engagement surveys is hidden somewhere I haven't found yet?
There was one (accidental) survey response which I deleted before my testing and the original post (I was testing pipeline content from the URL), but I can't imagine that would prevent populating some test data.
Many thanks for any additional advice, or questions

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I haven't used Engagement surveys myself, so I don't have experience to share. Seems odd that this feature wouldn't be available. You might reach out to Qualtrics Support to find out for sure.

Badge +1

Hi, this problem still exists. I am also in EX, and trying to populate my survey with dummy data. This menu does not show up for me either.

Leave a Reply