Drag and drop custom code needed | XM Community
Solved

Drag and drop custom code needed

• 15 August 2018
  • 6 replies

I need to widen the width of the answer item column in a standard drag and drop question in a survey. This is no option for this in the rich text editor. Qualtrics support suggested I could do this with custom code, but they could not help. they suggested I contact this community. Could anyone provide guidance on how to do this?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 16 August 2018, 06:04

View original

6 replies

Hello @Carla ,

Paste the following code in the js(onready) option of the drag and drop question.
`jQuery("#"+ this.questionId+" td.groupsContainerTd > div > div ").css("width","100%");`
See the output!

Note: Though this code results in wide answer box in drag and drop. But the text(item) will only be present in the small box(i.e of previous size).
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
> @Shashi

Can I change the height of the box in the drag and drop question type using a similar method? I would like them to be about 25% of the current size.

Thank you,
Jen
> @JenF said:
> > @Shashi
>
> Can I change the height of the box in the drag and drop question type using a similar method? I would like them to be about 25% of the current size.
>
> Thank you,
> Jen
>

Use the following code in js(onready):
`jQuery("#"+ this.questionId+" td.groupsContainerTd > div > div ").css("height","25px");`
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
> @Shashi said:
> > @JenF said:
> > > @Shashi
> >
> > Can I change the height of the box in the drag and drop question type using a similar method? I would like them to be about 25% of the current size.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Jen
> >
>
> Use the following code in js(onready):
> `jQuery("#"+ this.questionId+" td.groupsContainerTd > div > div ").css("height","25px");`

I tried this, but I must be doing something wrong. Do I use this exactly as you have it shown jQuery("#"+ this.questionId+" td.groupsContainerTd > div > div ").css("height","25px");

or do I need to pull in my specific Id for instance. I am not a coder so this may sound silly to you.

thank you.
As a follow-up to this: is it possible to change the size of the text(item) box as well? I have items that contain multiple words so it gets very unwieldy if you have multiple items in boxes with a small width.

For anyone searching this later as I was, here is code that worked for me using the CSS editor in the "Style" section of "Look & Feel":
.Skin .PGR .DragAndDrop .NoColumns td.groupsContainerTd div h2,.Skin .PGR .DragAndDrop .NoColumns td.groupsContainerTd div ul{width:450px}
.Skin .PGR .DragAndDrop .NoColumns td.groupsContainerTd div>div{width:450px}

Leave a Reply