Salesforce integration creating new record linked to a contact or land | XM Community
Question

Salesforce integration creating new record linked to a contact or land

I am trying to link our Qualtrics survey to Salesforce and am having trouble with it not actually creating a new record. I have done the response mapping in the Qualtrics survey to each field in salesforce but am struggling with being able to connect it to an identifying account. We are a land trust that uses an add on in salesforce called LOCATE that takes a record such as a property and attaches a new record for our field monitoring. I am using the information collected in the Qualtrics survey to create a new monitoring record but need to be able to pull the property name from salesforce to ensure it is linked to the right account.
If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this work I would really appreciate it!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You should be able to track the error you are getting in Reporting section of Actions that corresponds to your response mapping action.
The linking should be based on ID and not name (I'm assuming it's a lookup field in SF on the monitoring record that links it to the account based on that ID). But you need to see the specific error to troubleshoot. It's difficult to pinpoint the issue without looking at it.

Thank you for your response! The error I am getting is:

{
"name": "ACTIONS.ERROR_CODES.USER_CONFIGURATION_ERROR",
"message": "[{\\"message\\":\\"Easement/Fee Title: id value of incorrect type: Test\\",\\"errorCode\\":\\"MALFORMED_ID\\",\\"fields\\":[\\"loc03__Easement",
"needRetry": false
}
I am new to using this type of integration so I am unsure how to find the correct ID field to use instead of the easement field.
You are correct that the field is a look up field in salesforce.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The account record id should just be Account ID. What is the name of the lookup field for the Account on the record you are trying to create? That's what you should be mapping to.
The ID value you are passing to it should be either 15 or 18 characters.

image.pngThe Field Name of the page to link it to is Easement_Fee_Title but it is showing up as the required field for the monitoring page as loc03_Easement_Fee_Title_c
When I map this it maps to the question in the survey which as we have noted isn't correct. Am I setting this up incorrectly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

This is a custom field that I can't really help you with. Make sure you are passing the appropriate embedded data field as part of contact data and in survey flow to pass back to this field.

Badge +2

Did you solve this problem? I have a similar requirement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/46371#Comment_46371I would recommend you start a new thread explaining the details of your specific issue. 🙂

Leave a Reply