Is there a way to save responses in a matrix so that the user can view a previous response? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to save responses in a matrix so that the user can view a previous response?

• 16 August 2018
  • 8 replies

We are tracking a 4 week program where we would like the users to see their previous responses the week before when they log back in using the same link. Can a survey save their responses this way instead of how we're currently doing this--that is, using a different reusable link each week, and the field clears after each day's entries. Not sure if I'm asking in the right category but this looked like the logical place.
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 21 August 2018, 18:44

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21
hi @LaniW ,
You can store responses in the contact list and send that data in query string when second link is send. Capture the matrix data from string and store in embedded data. Then you can use in survey.
Hi,
Thank you for answering the question. I am not real sure how to get to the contact list and the query string. I would need step-by-step instructions I'm afraid.
Lani
Hey @LaniW ,

Obviously, you don't want the respondent to change the previous week responses, they must only see there responses?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
How are you sending link.

You programmed 4 different surveys for each week.
You are sending same survey using retake link.

If you are sending same survey but with different week to same respondent, you can store there Matrix selection in embedded data and later on pipe it in next week question.
Hi Sashi and Bansal,
Sorry I am not clear on what I'm doing. I am hosting a walking program, where employees must log their walking minutes each week for 4 weeks. I would like for each one to be able to view their previous week's entries (edit if needed), and continue to view all entries each week. I was hoping to use just one link for all weeks, have the previous entries show up each time they click on the link (daily, if needed). I currently have 4 surveys for 4 weeks, different links for each. Same questions; different dates. What I was trying to avoid is exporting the data each week, moving it to a spreadsheet, then calculating current standings. The users also have expressed a need for a more streamlined process so their motivation levels remain high throughout the program. I am happy to share what the survey looks like if that is possible here.
Thank you,
Lani
Reply 2:
To keep the previous entries, when I resend the link the following week, do I go to "Survey Flow" and adjust something in Embedded Data? I looked around and was not sure how to edit the next survey so it will include the previous entries. Thanks for your help.
Lani
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Create embedded variable week in survey flow. And control with branch logics and appending your link with week like for week1 it will be survey link?week=1

For week2: link will be : retakelink?week=2

You can do this by single survey and using Retake link.

Create 4 blocks on block 1 apply filter with week=1

For week2 in survey flow in branch logic with week=2 drag your block one and bloc 2. And send RETAKE link so that respondent will see there filled answer of week1 and an empty questions for week=2. Retake link append ?week=2.

Similar for week 3 and week4.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
1. Make each week a different block with an end of survey block after each.
2. Add a new block to the top of the survey where they select which week to see and apply branch logic off this question to the appropriate block.
3. Insert piped text to reference the earlier answers.
4. Use a retake link for each survey after the initial survey in order to store the previous responses OR use the authenticator block and update a mailing list with survey answers in order to to store the responses for future use.

Leave a Reply