Advanced personal 'default settings' for results and reports? | XM Community

Advanced personal 'default settings' for results and reports?

Userlevel 1

Hi all- please point me to the right helpfile if this is covered and I just didn't find it.
I'm in the midst of converting a number of surveys and assessments to Qualtrics. There are some edits that I'm having to make on each graph in each custom results or report, and I'm wondering if there is a way to access deeper default settings to minimize the conversion work. Examples:
We do lots of assessments where we look at the number of responses per multiple choice option, comparing across questions.
* Being able to set the Y-axis maximum to be the same for all multiple choice questions within the report.
* The default for response count graphs appears to be single-color; I then have to go back in a report and on each question manually change the colors to shades of Red-Yellow-Green (Strongly disagree to Strongly Agree) on each question.
* although I've defaulted to zero decimal places, the Y axis sometimes still shows .5 marks, so I've now defaulted to just hiding the Y axis in all graphs (hiding it has to be done manually for every question)
* manually adjust page breaks in reports to prevent the title for any graph being separated from the graph itself (essentially, widow/orphan protection)
These items aren't available in the general global defaults list - is there anywhere else I can set any of these to reduce the workload of editing every single graph as I do this bulk conversion?
Thank you!

2 replies

Badge +2

I am encountering the same issues.  Right now, I would just like to be able to space the report out nicely (Widow/orphan protection).  When I remove the page-breaks, to make the report smoother looking, I would like to adjust the spacing!

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@Candi_SoLo you are able to save templates which might help you recreate similar reports which goes to this original post more than your question I think.  Report/Results templates | XM Community (qualtrics.com)

If your issue is just with the automated spacing; I find this is a bit of trial and error and isn’t any exact rules or settings to adjust how this is applied by Qualtrics. I’ve raised it in a few forums and there is no such thing to override this i.e. more advanced settings.  Rather it’s adjusting the few options you have such as how you build the report and the format it’s exported in.  

I am of the understanding enhancements to some of the reporting is coming soon, like being able to export into PPT with editable charts. I am hopeful with future enhancements more formatting options may also be available.

Leave a Reply