Using date in survey flow | XM Community
Solved

Using date in survey flow

• 20 August 2018
  • 2 replies

HI all,

I would like to build a large survey with blocks displayed depending on what week of the semester a respondent is taking the survey (they will return weekly). I have not been able to identify a way to build date variables into the survey flow or display logics however. Does anyone know of a way to do this or a workable alternative?
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 20 August 2018, 03:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Create a embedded variable say week in survey flow. Now on all blocks apply branch logics like if week=1 block1.... So on.

Append your week variable with your link. Like when you applend as ' your link?week=1' respondent will be able to see block meant for week1.
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> Create a embedded variable say week in survey flow. Now on all blocks apply branch logics like if week=1 block1.... So on.
>
> Append your week variable with your link. Like when you applend as ' your link?week=1' respondent will be able to see block meant for week1.

can you append your URL/link with a DATE VARIABLE such that it will feed in "today()" and build condition based on ... well... maybe i'd have to evaluate the numeric value of today (like you sometimes have to do in Excel)?

Leave a Reply