Custom End of Survey message overridden by default end of survey message | XM Community
Solved

Custom End of Survey message overridden by default end of survey message

Hi there, am a real new Qubie here!

I've set up a customised end of survey message but it's not taking effect. Have tried various ways but with no luck. Have used the Survey Builder and the Survey Flow, but still the default appears.

Is anyone able to perhaps guide me through this please?
icon

Best answer by VirginiaM 20 August 2018, 15:11

View original

16 replies

Hello @Carmen_v1 ,

Please follow this page
and this thread

Also this page

It will be good for us to understand if you provide more inputs on exactly how you are customizing EOS
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
1.) Click on customize in end of survey element in survey flow.
2.) click on override survey option.
3.) click on customized end of survey message.

There you can save your message.

For different terminations you can show different end of survey messages.
Hi Shashi,

Thank you for your reply. I have previously looked at those pages and followed the instructions to set up the custom end of survey message in both the Survey Builder and Survey Flow but all that appears at the end of the survey is 'We thank you for your time spent taking this survey.
Your response has been recorded.'
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> 1.) Click on customize in end of survey element in survey flow.
> 2.) click on override survey option.
> 3.) click on customized end of survey message.
>
> There you can save your message.
>
> For different terminations you can show different end of survey messages.

Thanks! But unfortunately this does not work. I have tried this as well but still getting the default message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
can you attach your qsf flile.
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> can you attach your qsf flile.

Yup, see attached. Thanks!
> @Carmen_v1 said:
> > @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> > can you attach your qsf flile.
>
> Yup, see attached. Thanks!

@Carmen_v1 can you see the EOS message in the message library section
> @Shashi said:
> > @Carmen_v1 said:
> > > @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> > > can you attach your qsf flile.
> >
> > Yup, see attached. Thanks!
>
> @Carmen_v1 can you see the EOS message in the message library section

Hi Sashi, yes I can. It appears under my personal library rather than the organisational one. Could that be an issue?
> @Carmen_v1 said:
> > @Shashi said:
> > > @Carmen_v1 said:
> > > > @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> > > > can you attach your qsf flile.
> > >
> > > Yup, see attached. Thanks!
> >
> > @Carmen_v1 can you see the EOS message in the message library section
>
> Hi Sashi, yes I can. It appears under my personal library rather than the organisational one. Could that be an issue?

No, there is no issue with that then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
For me on changing message it is appearing changed one. Can you analyze and publish and than use published version for checking.
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@Carmen_v1 When I use the preview survey link in your .qsf I see the following end of survey message, which makes me think it's working correctly now:
!
> @VirginiaM said:
> @Carmen_v1 When I use the preview survey link in your .qsf I see the following end of survey message, which makes me think it's working correctly now:
> !
>
>

That is just a question text not the EOS
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@Shashi I see what you mean!
@Carmen_v1 have you tried only having the customized end of survey message in the survey flow and not both the flow and options? I wonder if they're "competing" with each other... To test this, I went in the .qsf and changed both to a different end-of-survey message and the one I got at the end was from the survey flow, not options. So I tried setting the options back to default and I still go the custom end of survey message from the flow. I'd be interested to hear if this works for you too!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hi @Carmen_v1
when i tried the qsf file you shared and when i set a custom message it worked just fine for me and i could see that it was set to a custom message. I think it might just be glitch , if you can delete your survey and try importing your own qsf file . This has helped me with glitches that should not occur but do occur (this method was suggested to me by @PraDeepKotian_UGAM ) . Maybe it can help you too...
Thanks for your input everyone! I've tried all your suggestions and have come to the conclusion that it's a default setting for our organisation.

I just called the Qualtrics support. Maybe the skip logic is overriding the customized message. I solved the problem by going to the survey builder page, and removing the "skip to" for the question. Then it works as expected.
Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 6.54.46 PM.png

Leave a Reply