Integrating interactive iPhone interface into a single question--is it possible? | XM Community
Solved

Integrating interactive iPhone interface into a single question--is it possible?

Hello!
We are creating a study on Qualtrics that requires some level of realism. We wanted to create a question in which participants can write a message on an iPhone. I found a mock-up of the iPhone interface that provides HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript code, but I don't know how to integrate this into a single survey question. So my question is: is this even possible? If so, what kind of professional should I recruit to help with executing it? If it's impossible to integrate directly into Qualtrics, could this interface be embedded somehow?
Alternatively, if this method would not be supported by Qualtrics at all, is there another way that I could have participants write text in something that resembles an iPhone interface (e.g., textbox over an image)?
Many thanks in advance!

The iPhone mock-up: https://codepen.io/adobewordpress/pen/wGGMaV

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 10 June 2021, 20:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

It won't be possible to incorporate using the code you've sent because it uses form elements and Qualtrics is hijacking them. Hence you won't get the look you are aiming for.
You can however host this on another website and then embed it as an iframe.

ahmedA Thanks for your response! I worried that might be the case.
Do you have any recommendations on how we might record the data entered by participants on the other website?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

use any external server. Or you could send the information to Qualtrics and store it in a hidden question/ED.
Search for getting information/events from an iframe.

ahmedA Great, thanks a lot for your help!

Leave a Reply