Can I update/refresh directory contact data using a new survey (or another method)? | XM Community
Solved

Can I update/refresh directory contact data using a new survey (or another method)?

• 9 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We recently determined that we would like to track which Directory contacts are members of a specific service we offer (so that we can contact them about it). We add new contacts using a survey, so I have updated that and added an embedded data field which means that anyone who joins our Directory moving forward will have this information.
I would like to also add this information for existing contacts. If I send them a survey including just the new questions, is it possible to update their existing Directory embedded data? Or is there another way I can update their profiles? (note: I don't actually know the info and will need to collect it from users so I can't just go in by hand and update them right now.)

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 10 June 2021, 22:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi lstern ,
You would need to coordinate with your Brand Admin on this to make sure that the contact deduplication settings are defined correctly, but yes, you could do this by setting up an Action with an XM Directory task in your survey. This will only work as long as the key identifiers (some combination of email, first name and last name, as defined by you and the Brand Admin) are identical between the survey response and the existing contact in the Directory.

Leave a Reply