Expand and Collapse Grouped Multiple Choice | XM Community
Question

Expand and Collapse Grouped Multiple Choice

• 9 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello all!
I am trying to create a multiple choice question where there will be a list of main topics that can be selected and if selected additional options may display. I've attached a picture below of what we are trying to recreate. In the picture, the "+" is used to expand the lists. However, if that is not possible then we are hoping to have it so the subtopics under "Birth Control" would not appear when the page loads, but if they select "Birth Control" then the subtopics will appear and they can select any of those answers as well.
I've searched through the Qualtrics community and I have not come across a solution. We explored drill down, but since there are some main topics that will not have subtopics and we would like people to be able to select as many answers as they would like including under the main topics, we have not gotten that question type to work. I looked into javascript for creating accordions, but I'm not sure how to apply it in this use case. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 2.51.36 PM.png

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

We can do this using JS, please check the demo here

Leave a Reply