How to extend survey expiration for one person in the distribution and exclude them from reminder ? | XM Community
Question

How to extend survey expiration for one person in the distribution and exclude them from reminder ?

• 10 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
  • QPN Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 78 replies

If a respondent requested an extension of the deadline, how do I manually exclude them from a reminder distribution (for example, original distribution was sent to 24 people, 2 completed a survey, 1 asked to extend a deadline by one week; therefore, I need to chase 21 people today – how do I exclude the one person who requested the extension?)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Create a branch in your survey which terminates the survey.
If they have started the survey, trigger this response based on their ResponseIDs.
If they have not started the survey, send them another link with an embedded data and branch based off that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

When I distribute the survey I will specify the link expiration as 10 days and on 7th day if a person comes to me and says I want the survey live for a few more weeks then how do I extend the link expiration by a few more weeks for that particular person?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I can understand your confusion, it appears to be stemming from how the survey distribution links and updating the survey work. I would therefore recommend reading the support pages on that. Once you've gone through those, you'll find implementing the solution I suggested is quite easy.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thank you for your response! I will surely do that!

Leave a Reply