Embedded data / javascript options with Constant sum | XM Community
Question

Embedded data / javascript options with Constant sum

• 11 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

For my master thesis, I am running an experiment that usually takes place physically, but due to covid it has to be online. It is an Auction which the participant plays against "the computer".
I am using Constant Sum as a bidding tool, and I was wondering if there is some code/embedded data in which I can create a starting capital that decreases with the total of the constant sum and increases with a constant price of 5 or an uncertain price of 3/5. See the screenshots.
So some code that indicates a starting capital of 15, that decreases with the bidding amount which is in total constant sum and increases with the reward if he/she won the auction which I branched with a (win) greater or equal than Price of 3 and (loss) with less than 3.
I hope someone can help me, or has a better idea to put this in qualtrics.

Daniël Bakker
image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

danielbakker98 - How about using math operations to do the calculation based on the conditions specified above?
Math Operations
You can do the calculation using embedded data in the survey flow and then pipe the final value after each auction in your survey questions.

Mishraji Thanks for your suggestion, I will have a look and will let you know if it worked or not!

Leave a Reply