Tooltips and language variations | XM Community
Solved

Tooltips and language variations

• 15 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi All
I am fairly new to qualtrics, and just a user not a developer. Having created our first client satisfaction survey last year, we have received some feedback as to how we could improve the user experience for our survey this year and I am trying to implement that now.
One of the feedbacks which we received was about unfamiliar terms or not knowing exactly which aspect we were targeting within some of our likert questions. Rather than adding lots of text and making the survey longer, I would like to work with tooltips...but these should work on both desktop and mobile versions.
I have tried this Responsive and Mobile-Friendly Tooltip — Osvaldas Valutis and it works, however I come across an issue, which I'm hoping you can help me with: My survey is available in 3 languages: English, French and German. Is there any way that I can have the tooltip be dynamic, so that it knows which language to show a tooltip in based on the survey language selected? E.g. In English a tooltip for Communication Method would show "E-Mail, Telephone, Letter", the same tooltip in German would be for Kommunikationskanal and would show "E-Mail, Telefon, Brief".
As mentioned, this is on likert questions, just in case this is relevant for the solution, as I understand the methods are not always the same for this type of question.
I'm really sorry if this has been answered somewhere else - I tried searching but couldn't find anything which appeared to answer these issues - the language one in particular.
Thanks for your help
Linz

icon

Best answer by Linz 15 June 2021, 14:15

View original

1 reply

Goodness - I feel so stupid. After positing the question I thought I should try the most obvious answer...namely where all the other translations are stored. And exactly that appears to be the solution to point 2 above.
So in the English version I have added:

<
abbr
title="E-Mail, Telephone, Letter"
rel="tooltip">Communication Methodabbr
>

and in the German translation...
<
abbr
title="E-Mail, Telefon, Brief"
rel="tooltip">Kommunikationskanalabbr
>