How can I reorder the value of my scales in my reports? | XM Community
Solved

How can I reorder the value of my scales in my reports?

• 22 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi all,
My survey is currently live and I would like to export a report of my current responses. However, I have noticed that the values in my scales are no longer ordered correctly (see the axis values in the attached example). Is there a way to recode the values of my scales in the report or analysis section so they are in order? Thanks for your help!! 🙂
icon

Best answer by Swanand_Chavan_Ugam 22 August 2018, 16:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Hi @Eileen ,

By default, you are only able to change the order by legends.

The simplest work around for your requirement is by clicking on Transpose button. Once you click here, you would get access to change the order of the scales as required....refer to the snapshots below:

Snapshot 1 (Before clicking on transpose):

!

Snapshot 2 (After clicking transpose):

!

Once you are done changing the order, click on transpose button again and the order should remain as required + the chart would be shown as required.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,
Swa
Perfect! Thank you Swanand 🙂

This no longer seems to work. When I transpose, I don't see any option to reorder the columns on the side, only by clicking on the Field header. When I do that, it will only go in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
This is a Likert scale in a matrix table so the options are "1 (SD)", "2 (D)", etc. When I edit the letters out of the headers so that I can put it in descending numerical order, it works, but then I can't add the descriptors back in without it reordering itself again. Also, even if I leave the descriptors out, the order doesn't stay when I transpose them again. I just want to be able to customize the order of the values in the report.

Leave a Reply