Quota for monadic test design | XM Community
Solved

Quota for monadic test design

• 27 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi there,
As I am a Qubie, my question is probably a really basic quota question.

I am trying to build a survey with a monadic testing design to assess 3 different stimuli.
There should be cross-quota for gender and age for each monad, e.g. 25 men/20-33 years,, 25 men/34-55 years,50 women/20-33 years, 50 women/34-55 years.

For now, I'm thinking of a very straightforward approach to build one branch per monad in the survey flow and steer the visibility of each branch via quota.
The idea is that once a quota (e.g. men, 20-33years) for branch 1 is met, the participants should participate in branch 2 and so on.
Unfortunately, I'm struggling with setting up the cross-quota to ensure that every respondents sees just one branch of the survey.
I've been playing around with the display logic and the quota actions. However, somehow this doesn't really work out.
BTW: We are not using advanced quota.

Any feedback on how to setup the quota steering would be appreciated.
Also suggestions for a more elegant solution are very welcome.
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 August 2018, 15:26

View original

3 replies

Hello @koberfeld ,

I hope you have same Quota setup as in the below image(With your changed quota conditions):
!

Now You can set the Quota similar to the above image.

Apply Branch logic to your respective blocks same as your quota condition.

Now, since the quota condition and branch condition are same every respondents sees just one branch of the survey. Also you can keep track on different quota simultaneously.
Hope you get the implementation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Read this post it may help, you just created nested quotas and give them limit:

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/477/how-to-create-a-variable-that-tracks-quota-group-assignment-s
Hi there,

many thanks to both of you for your feedback.
I had to pause this project for a little while due to other priorities but now I'm back on track.

I managed to set the survey up using the quota as @Shashi described for each monad.
To manage the equal distribution for the the monads, I used the scoring function and embedded data as suggested by the post @bansalpeeyush29 referred to.

Thank you!

Leave a Reply