send email after survey | XM Community
Solved

send email after survey

!

Hi,
I would like to create a survey. Where in the end, a list of courses (Yellow rectangles content) will be sent to the user, according the answers to the survey (Y/N answers).
How can i do it?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 August 2018, 13:48

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You can use "email trigger" feature to achieve this...

Here is the documentation to refer to "Email trigger": https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/email-triggers/
right.
But how do i collect only the right courses? meaning only the Y answers
> @MichaelGr said:
> right.
> But how do i collect only the right courses? meaning only the Y answers

You can Pipe the answer of the required question in the email, Using "{A}" this symbol in the email trigger
Are there any examples for this?
> @MichaelGr said:
> right.
> But how do i collect only the right courses? meaning only the Y answers

Is there any question where in respondent select right courses like you have multi choice question or something like this
> @MichaelGr said:
> Are there any examples for this?

Select {A} option in Email trigger and then select Survey Question
!
I planned to show to the user only questions with Y/N answers.
But in the background it will collect all the right coursed and will email them.
Maybe the correspondent courses to a certain question will be in another "question" like format, but won't be shown to the user in the survey itself.
But i have no idea how to collect the right courses, and then show them in the email
i don't won't to show the courses to the user in the survey. i want to hide them from the user
> @MichaelGr said:
> I planned to show to the user only questions with Y/N answers.
> But in the background it will collect all the right coursed and will email them.
> Maybe the correspondent courses to a certain question will be in another "question" like format, but won't be shown to the user in the survey itself.
> But i have no idea how to collect the right courses, and then show them in the email

In the survey flow you can use Branch logic ,
i.e if "yes" is selected set the embedded data in the survey flow for that course. And then pipe embedded data in the Email trigger(Below survey question option, there is embedded data option in email trigger {A} )
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
In case you don't want to set embedded data, you can trigger emails based on different conditions and in different trigger email texts you can change course name based on branching in flow chart.
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @MichaelGr ,
You could set an embedded data in the survey flow where in you save what you want to send in an email and along with this you can trigger the email based on the condition you want which can be set in the email trigger.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@MichaelGr people are trying to send you down the right track but I'm not sure if you've gotten the links to all of the documentation you need. @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam got you on the right path for setting up trigger emails (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/email-triggers/).

If you need more help with the embedded data people are talking about, then you should check out this overview (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/survey-flow-overview/) and for more particularly on embedded data (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data/) and branching (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/branch-logic/).

Another way to do this and control the formatting of the trigger emails nicely is to create a trigger email for all 15 possible combinations
* 5 yes' - Q1Q2Q3Q4Q5
* 4 yes' - Q1Q2Q3Q4, Q1Q2Q3Q5, Q1Q2Q4Q5, Q1Q3Q4Q5
* 3 yes' - Q1Q2Q3, Q1Q2Q4, Q1Q2Q5, Q1Q3Q4, Q1Q3Q5, Q1Q4Q5
* 2 yes' - Q1Q2, Q1Q3, Q1Q4, Q1Q5

The survey would look something like:
Q1. Are you currently employed at MVP? Y/N
Q2. Do you manage people? Y/N
Q3. Do you perform SMBWAs? Y/N
Q4. Do you need lab access? Y/N
Q5. Do you work regularly in the lab? Y/N

Then you trigger emails would have conditions on them so that the above question combinations are all Yes and the numbers not in the lists above are no.

So for example the trigger for Q1Q2Q3Q4 would be:

Condition: Q1 = Yes, and Q2 = Yes, and Q3 = Yes, and Q4 = yes, and Q5 = No

Email content:
You are required to take the following courses

Office Ergonomics - 10002766 - offered annually
Manager Safety Training - 00007770 and 100010801 - Manager/Supervisor Training and MFG Incident Injury Investigation - offered biannually
SMBWA - 00004911 - offered one time
General Lab Access....
Worker Lab Access....

The benefit of doing it this way is that you can get a little fancier with the formatting and creating a table of requirements without having to get too deep into knowing code or thinking through what the no's and blank spaces will will do to your formatting.

Leave a Reply