Clarification of Quotas | XM Community
Solved

Clarification of Quotas

• 31 August 2018
  • 3 replies

It would be nice if there were a clear explanation of how quotas work. I applied a quota, assuming that the survey would go inactive once the quota was reached. It did not--it continued to be open (so, I found myself wondering what a quota accomplishes). Then, I found a post that suggests that I need to build logic into the survey that somehow redirects to a customized end-of-survey question in order to make a quota work. This seems quite complicated. If there is a simple explanation of how quotas work, can you point me to that? I was unable to find a simple feature explanation by searching on the Qualtrics site.
icon

Best answer by Eesh 31 August 2018, 00:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
@AlexBI,

To clarify, the survey will not be closed until are the quotas are closed in the survey. The respondent will get quotafull error message if they fall into the category. For e.g. You have quota applied for age question and counts for 18 -34 age group is achieved. So, the 18-34 group will be closed however rest of the age group 35 - 54 will still be open and survey will continue till all quotas are closed.

Please find below some insight on quotas:

The Overall Response Quota is the total number of completed responses for the entire survey. If you want to limit the total responses for your survey, this is the type of quota you will want to use. Once that quota is met, your respondents will no longer be permitted to submit a response.

For more information on quota setup, you may please refer below link:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/quotas/

Hope this helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
survey will not get inactive, while when respondent take link they will get quota full error message. These respondents will not be counted under completes while will be stored under quota full.

whenever a condition fulfill, quota increments by one and when the count reaches to your defined quota it will mark quota full.
Badge +1
@AlexBl
Hi Alex, Please refer to below link, quota conditions and actions to take when Quota is met.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/quotas/

Leave a Reply