Why doesn't historical data appear in comparison in a comparison widget? | XM Community
Solved

Why doesn't historical data appear in comparison in a comparison widget?

• 4 September 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge
I have two EE survey projects including data from two points of time. I'd like to see the earlier survey's data as comparison column in a comparison widget in the later survey's dashboard. I have so far done the following (not necessarily in this specific order): 1) Mapped org hierarchies of those two survey projects; 2) Mapped data fields within Project Mapper behind dashboard's settings; 3) Added a comparison for earlier survey in the Comparison Editor (page filters to be included; active org hierarchy with current unit to filter); 4) Added the comparison in the comparison widget. However, the comparison column in the widget doesn't still show any value. Have I missed some steps? What could be a reason for not getting the values visible?
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 29 October 2018, 16:56

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Just checking if you have mapped both data sources and assure that recode labels for each field is also mapped.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @MarjaLeena! Just wanted to jump in and make sure you saw this page!
Badge
Hi @LaurenK , yes I know about the Comparison widget. In my case it doesn't meet my needs. I think this is now related to the situation that I have two different EE survey projects and I want to see the previous survey's result next to the latest survey's result. Attached an example of what I'm looking for. When I'm filtering (e.g. with org hierarchy or any demographic filter), this previous survey's result (May'18) should reflect that filtering.
!
Badge
Hi @bansalpeeyush29 , to my understanding the mapping should be ok. When it comes to the recoding, if I don't use some demographic in a widget, doesn't it matter even if I haven't recoded all the demographics in a similar way for both projects?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
you need to recode only ones you are using in widget and make sure that recoding is same for both the data sources.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
@MarjaLeena were you able to resolve the issue you were having? I've come across the same problem 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi All! Often enough, refreshing the data sources may help resolve your issue! 🙂
Badge
@JennyMiller, first of all, sorry for missing your question totally! In our case, refreshing the source data within Settings > Project Mapper helped.

Leave a Reply