Multiple surveys: Overview of which contact completed which survey? | XM Community
Solved

Multiple surveys: Overview of which contact completed which survey?

Badge +3
Hi all,

We have a list of students who are all supposed to complete ten different surveys. We are sending the surveys out through a contact list. I was wondering if there is a way to see which contact has completed which survey. This can be done per survey using reports, but I was wondering if there is also an option at a higher level to see all the surveys that contact have finished. I can't find any such thing in the contact options. Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by PraDeepKotian_Ugam 5 September 2018, 11:37

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can download distribution history and see who have completed which survey. This is also at survey level. You have to download for each survey and using these you can prepare your final reporting.
Badge +3
That's useful - thanks! Too bad it cannot be done over multiple surveys...
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
hello @Steven ,

You can perform contact list trigger once the survey is completed and update an embedded data in contact list.
for eg. if survey 1 is completed set embedded data survey1= "completed"
Badge +3
That's a good idea! I didn't think of that yet!
Do contact list triggers also work retroactively? i.e. on contacts who have already filled in the survey?
Hello @Steven ,

@PraDeepKotian_Ugam 's answer will work for you. But if you want every contact's updated data in each survey, then you can just fetch them in the survey by creating embedded data.
> @Steven said:
> That's a good idea! I didn't think of that yet!
> Do contact list triggers also work retroactively? i.e. on contacts who have already filled in the survey?

Contact list trigger does not work retroactively
Badge +3
> @PraDeepKotian_Ugam said:
> hello @Steven ,
>
> You can perform contact list trigger once the survey is completed and update an embedded data in contact list.
> for eg. if survey 1 is completed set embedded data survey1= "completed"
>
>

One more question about this, as I can't find it in the documentation. Can you set a new embedded data field for a contact in a contact list trigger? I tried to create a new contact list trigger field as follow:
survey1 = [Embedded data] "Y"
But when I test it, an embedded data field is generated for the contact, but it is empty (does not contain the "Y"). Any thoughts?
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
> @Steven said:
> > @PraDeepKotian_Ugam said:
> > hello @Steven ,
> >
> > You can perform contact list trigger once the survey is completed and update an embedded data in contact list.
> > for eg. if survey 1 is completed set embedded data survey1= "completed"
> >
> >
>
> One more question about this, as I can't find it in the documentation. Can you set a new embedded data field for a contact in a contact list trigger? I tried to create a new contact list trigger field as follow:
> survey1 = [Embedded data] "Y"
> But when I test it, an embedded data field is generated for the contact, but it is empty (does not contain the "Y"). Any thoughts?

@Steven ,
Do you have a embedded data with name Y?
Badge +3
No, I haven't created any embedded data in the survey or in the contact list. I was trying to do this directly in the contact list trigger. I was trying to create a new embedded data variable named "survey1", which should get the value of "Y"
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Add a new "Add additional fields" in the contact list trigger. It will be your column name for that survey. For e.g. Its your first survey then surevy1 = ["here store the embedded variable name"].

Link for contact list trigger:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/contact-list-triggers/#CreatingAContactListTrigger
> @Steven said:
> > @PraDeepKotian_Ugam said:
> > hello @Steven ,
> >
> > You can perform contact list trigger once the survey is completed and update an embedded data in contact list.
> > for eg. if survey 1 is completed set embedded data survey1= "completed"
> >
> >
>
> One more question about this, as I can't find it in the documentation. Can you set a new embedded data field for a contact in a contact list trigger? I tried to create a new contact list trigger field as follow:
> survey1 = [Embedded data] "Y"
> But when I test it, an embedded data field is generated for the contact, but it is empty (does not contain the "Y"). Any thoughts?

Follow this page

Leave a Reply