Automated email distribution of daily diary survey | XM Community
Solved

Automated email distribution of daily diary survey

• 6 September 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi,
I've programmed a survey to be used as a daily diary in my study, which means I'll have to distribute this survey on a daily basis over a period of 21 days to several participants starting the study on different days and at different times. Is there any way to set up an automatic distribution of these surveys (with expiration of each daily survey after 1 day)?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 September 2018, 12:01

View original

7 replies

Hello @Laian ,

Asuming you have a single survey, then how are you distributing the same survey for next 21 days i.e via a) retake link or b) via annonymous link using authenticator in the survey...?
Hi Shashi,
I was thinking via a) retake link, as I’m not familiar with b) but would happily use it if recommended over a).
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can set the automated expiration by clicking in advance options at bottom where you click send email.
Thanks bansalpeeyush29, that I have done. But I don’t know how to have Qualtrics automatically send out the same survey daily for a period of 21 days.
Hello @Laian ,

You have a single survey and you are sending this survey over a period of 21 days via retake link.

Step 1: Create 21 web service of create-distribution with message as a retake link. Add sendDate to 21 web service changing send date using formula:

`${date://OtherDate/Y/+2%20day}-${date://OtherDate/m/+2%20day}-${date://OtherDate/d/+2%20day}T08:00:00Z`

The above formula will send the distribution on the second day from the date on which the survey is filled for the first time, similarly just modify the number 2 to 3 and so on. Also, every time the participant finishes the survey update the response id in the contact list, this updation is because we get updated response id every time i.e the participant can see 19th day response on 20th. So the retake link will be `...url/jfe/form/<surveyId>?Q_R=<Piped responseId>&date=<pipe the sendDate of the same distribution>`

Step 2: When a participant fill the survey for the first time, update an embedded data in the contact list as "FirstSurvey"="Finished". Fetch "FirstSurvey" embedded data using authenticator Now apply branch logic before 21 web service as -if "FirstSurvey" is not equal to "Finished" do web service. So that the distribution is scheduled only once.

Step 3: The date that we will pipe in the retake url(Step 1) will help to expire the survey manually i.e at the start we can check using branch logic that if date and current date are not same then terminate the survey using end of survey element and check "Do not record survey response " in the customize End of survey options. So that only valid responses are there in data and analysis
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can create different contact lists and can schedule for each day using these lists in one go.
Thank you Shashi and Bansalpeeyush29.

Leave a Reply