How to chance Sentiment Analysis in new TextIQ | XM Community
Solved

How to chance Sentiment Analysis in new TextIQ

• 6 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
There are some comments that the system flagged as negative, but are actually a positive sentiment. How can I change the score?
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 6 September 2018, 18:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
To change a sentiment, click the sentiment and choose another from the dropdown. A sentiment that has been edited will be indicated with a gray triangle in the top-right corner of the sentiment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
See link below too for more clarification

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/text/text-overview/

!
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Thanks! @bansalpeeyush29
> @PeeyushBansal said:
> See link below too for more clarification
>
> https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/text/text-overview/
>
> !
>

Hello,

I searched "How to change a sentiment score" and I was directed to this chat stream.

When I am in the data tab under Data & Analysis, I can see the Sentiment and Topics, but I am unable to change the sentiment. I do not have a drop down. Is there a setting I need to adjust in order to activate this feature.

Please advise, thank you.
Badge +1

Hi JAYoungblood,
It doesn't look like anyone has answered you, so I'll give it a try. The image referenced above is 2 years old, and I don't see the drop down as shown there either. Here's how it works for me. In text analysis, make sure you're on the edit topics view. Then when you view each comment there should be a pencil icon in the upper right hand corner for each comment. Click on the pencil to edit the sentiment. Hope this helps or that you've already found your solution.

Badge +7

To add to Shawn94612's answer, once you have navigated to the comment's sentiment scales, you will need to click on the labels (i.e., "Very negative", etc.) themselves to edit the sentiment. Dragging the slider didn't work for me.

Leave a Reply