Salesforce integration: how to get related objects properties and display them in email invites ? | XM Community
Solved

Salesforce integration: how to get related objects properties and display them in email invites ?

• 10 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +6
Hi

I'm working on an integration with SF and I have the following problem. My Qualtrics survey is linked to the Event item in SF. In the Trigger and Email survey screen, I can easily pick up the email property of the object that the event is related to (and also first and last name to create the contact) all of this works nicely.
However I have trouble understanding how I can achieve the same to use in the email message, ideally I would like to display the full name of the SF owner of the Event and also the Full Name of the contact that participated in the event and all I have access to is their SalesForce ID.

Is their a way of having this as embedded data ? it seems I can only access first level data.

Hope this makes sense and someone can help me

Thanks
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 11 September 2018, 11:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Hi @Etienne_Carnival ,

Please check below link, it can help

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/integrations/salesforce-integration/linking-qualtrics-and-salesforce/#SettingUpaLinkThroughActionsModule
Badge +6
Hi

Thanks but this didn't help me understanding what I'm missing.
Here are 2 screenshots showing what I'm trying to achieve:

1) When I'm in the Trigger and Email survey, I can access all the data related to the selected Salesforce object and even navigate to related objects properties. For example, I can set the record's owner email address to be the Email Field of the survey.

2) I don't see how to replicate the same through embedded data

So my workaround is going to adjust the workflow in SF and fill all info I need in custom fields that will be populated automatically. I could be missing something
Badge +6
can't even upload images apparently haha 💫
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you are setting up salesforce integration through "Action" section then you will have to select the fields which you want to capture in the survey and you can use them as an embedded data in piped-text however, if you are setting up salesforce through "Tools" then it will automatically capture all the fields of the selected object in a contact list and then you can use it to pipe-text in email invite...

please check the below link point number 5.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/integrations/salesforce-integration/triggering-and-emailing-surveys/#CreatingTheSurveyInvitation

Leave a Reply