Qualtrics API export - Missing latest results | XM Community
Solved

Qualtrics API export - Missing latest results

• 11 September 2018
  • 8 replies

I'm using the Qualtrics API to export my responses programmatically.
For my use case I need my data to be updated and synced quite often, unfortunately from my tests this doesn't seem to happen.

If I fill a survey, and run my code to export the data straight after ( I'm using the partial export) the latest result is missing. Generally after a variable amount of time ( from 10m to 1hr) the data is there.

I'm also setting `seenUnansweredRecode` to the caching to kick in, anyone is experiencing the same issue ? I'm using really simple code ( from the documentation) and I also tried using the REST APIs with POSTMAN, with no luck.

Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by w.patrick.gale 19 September 2018, 19:24

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
I'm seeing this same problem and it is extremely frustrating having my data held hostage and I can't access it. I call the API to retrieve the latest response(s) and there is significant lag. The responses seem to appear instantly in the Data & Analysis view of the survey administrator (/responses/#/surveys/) but that doesn't help me on the API side of things.

The problem seems to be even worse when I use the 'lastResponseId' parameter in the 'Create Response Export' call. After about 10 minutes the response might begin appearing IF I EXCLUDE the 'lastResponseId' parameter, but as soon as I add the parameter back in it stops returning the latest response.

Can this be fixed PLEASE!
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @Paola and @"w.patrick.gale"! Feel free to reach out to our Integrations team so they can take a closer look into this with you and escalate it if needed!
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Thanks @LaurenK, I am waiting to hear back from the support team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Paola / @"w.patrick.gale",

Have you tried https://survey.qualtrics.com/WRAPI/ControlPanel/docs.php#getLegacyResponseData_2.5?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Thanks @TomG but why would we want to use a deprecated API? I do like that the older API allows for requesting responses from a single ResponseID. I will give it a try.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @"w.patrick.gale" said:
> Thanks @TomG but why would we want to use a deprecated API?

Because it may work when the newest API doesn't.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
I am fairly certain the issue I am seeing with latest responses not appearing in the zip file relates to v3.0 of the API and using parameters such as startDate. The parameters I am using in my case are:

$fields = array(
'surveyId' => $strSurveyId,
'format' => 'json',
'startDate' => '2018-09-18T00:00:00Z',
'useLocalTime' => true
);

I made a number of calls to v3.0 API to try and get a new response to appear in the returned zip file but it was not appearing, however I made a simple GET request for the response ID using v2.5 of the API and it returned the response data. Yet even after I was able to retrieve the response using v2.5 API I was still unable to get the response using v3.0 API until trying again an hour later.

I submitted the issue to Qualtrics Support.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Qualtrics support suggested I add an 'endDate' parameter to the API call to prevent latency (at least while they look into the cause of latency when endDate is not used). I modified the fields parameters to include an 'endDate' two days into the future and so far NO MORE LATENCY ISSUES. That seemed to do the trick for me. Two thumbs up.
_(Note this issue pertains to API v3.0 calls to https://yourdatacenterid.qualtrics.com/API/v3/responseexports)_

$fields = array(
'surveyId' => $strSurveyId,
'format' => 'json',
'startDate' => '2018-09-18T00:00:00Z',
'endDate' => '2018-09-20T00:00:00Z',
'useLocalTime' => true
);

Leave a Reply