Difference between an email trigger and an email task set up in the actions tab? | XM Community
Solved

Difference between an email trigger and an email task set up in the actions tab?

• 11 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Is there a difference between an email trigger and an email task set up in the actions tab? Are their certain situations when one is preferable to another?
icon

Best answer by Sona 12 September 2018, 04:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hey @uhrxx005 ,

The one difference that i found see the image below.

!

Here's the link to the Post
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hello @uhrxx005 ,

1. Also, Suppose you want to send number of email after the survey, then "email task" allows you to copy the action and then change condition and message. This will be very help where is less changes in email task but the number of email to be sent is large.

2. Also, the email task have variety of options in the "When" to send email option. Example email task provides with continuous hours and days where as email trigger providers just a fever options like send in 1 hour, 8 hr, 7 days, 3 days, 21 days etc.
Badge +7

Hello @Sona,
You can also copy email triggers, so maybe your number one difference (above) isn't much of a difference? I'm looking to send an email trigger beyond 28 days. It shows up from the trigger I have set, but I guess I have to redo it in actions, because actions isn't letting me send it at a later date than 28 days (longest delay available in the old email trigger functionality).
Thanks for your comment though. I know I saw where to schedule out longer than 28 days when I initially saw this.

Leave a Reply